- Parent Category: About
Bio Dr. Barbara Louw (PhD)
Dr Barbara Louw works as a Traumatologist, registered specialist wellness- and pastoral counsellor. Her professional registration falls under CPSC and ACRP. Her postgraduate studies included an investigation of the use narrative therapy with victims of sexual violations (Master’s in Sociology) and posttraumatic embitterment disorder - PhD in Counselling. She also holds a PhD in Wellness and Folk Medicine. As a renowned author, speaker and training facilitator, Dr Barbara started her journey in the helping profession as an ordained minister. She started a non-profit organisation, Inter Trauma Nexus, in 1998 with the sole purpose of bringing hope to victims of crime.
- Parent Category: News
- Adhering to Ethics made Practical (SACE 5 CPTD points)
- Basic Trauma Support when working with Children (SACE 5 CPTD points)
- Basic Trauma Support when working with Adults (SACE 5 CPTD points)
- Trauma Relief for Management (SACE 5 CPTD points)
- Victim Empowerment (SACE 5 CPTD points)
- Wellness and Self-care (SACE 5 CPTD points)
- Embitterment in the Workplace (CPSC 4 CPD points)
- Hope and Embitterment (CPSC 4 CPD points)
- Bitterness, Revenge and Resiliency (CPSC 4 CPD points)
- Posttraumatic Wellness Model for Counsellors (CPSC 4 CPD points)
- Financial Literacy Programme (Sponsored)
- Business Management for Counselling Practice (CPSC 3 CPD points)
- Risk Management for Practice (CPSC 2 CPD points)
- Emotional First Aid for Trauma Responders (CPSC 4 CPD points)
- Professionalism and Professional Bodies (CPSC 2 CPD points)
- Diversity Awareness (SACE CPTD points pending)
- Roles and Responsibilities when serving on Board and Committees (SACE CPTD points pending)
- Principles of Coaching and Mentoring (SACE CPTD points pending)
- Basic Trauma Support with Children will link with the childrens’ book series and accompanying therapeutic tools for working with children, authored and illustrated by Dr Barbara Louw, that will be launched soon.
The fee for a 4-hour workshop will be R 400. This will include:
- Registration on our learner management system and access to the system for a year.
- Opportunity to attend the workshop and network with colleagues.
- Workshop notes in the format of an eBook that will be downloadable before the workshop commences.
- The CPD/attendance certificate/confirmation letter for the employer will be downloadable within 48 hours after the workshop. This will enable you to upload your CPD points timeously with your professional body, according to the T&C of that institution.
- Access to webinars, additional resources and recommended media.
- Payments will be processed via Payfast, which includes the possibility to make recurring payments to suit your budget.
The prospectus and a brochure will be available shortly. You are welcome to request a prospectus and brochure and we will send it to you via email. We will also post more information on our social media platforms.
The aforementioned workshops are aimed at expanding the professional development of pastors, teachers, social workers, health care workers, psychologists, police and law enforcement members, criminologists, counsellors, as well as human resource – and employee assistance practitioners. Other beneficiaries will include volunteers, students and communities who are passionate about help others.
Werkswinkels is ook in Afrikaans beskikbaar.